Friday, August 4, 2017

Law of Conservation of Energy

We use the Law of Conservation of Energy all the time.
Every time I plug the kettle in to boil some water (for a nice hot cup of tea), electrical energy is converted into thermal energy. As I sit and watch steam rising up from my mug of tea I realise that thermal energy is being transformed into kinetic energy. The sugar I added to my tea might get converted (eventually) into the mechanical energy required to walk from my chair to the kitchen, or it might get stored (eventually) as chemical potential energy in my body (probably as fat).
How important is the Law of Energy Conservation (otherwise known as the First Law of Thermodynamics) in Chemistry?
So important that we've just added a new tutorial, game, test and exam on this topic to the  AUS-e-TUTE website.

AUS-e-TUTE members should log-in to use the new resources in the Members ONLY area of the website.

If you are not a member, there is a "free-to-view" tutorial currently available at http://www.ausetute.com.au/econserve.html

If you like what you see .... you'll love being an AUS-e-TUTE even more because we have lots of interactive resources to help you learn some Chemistry.
Find out more about AUS-e-TUTE membership at http://www.ausetute.com.au/membership.html

No comments:

Post a Comment